Cleaning the carpet can restore the strength of the fibers if there is a clear path of carpet fibers that have been flattened or if the entire carpet appears crushed. You can clean the carpet in the most visible areas but a deep cleaning will bring out the best in the whole carpet.
A powerful vacuum with a beater bar is the best tool to have in your closet for keeping carpets fluffy and restoring them. The beater bar is used to loosen soil that has been embedded and to bring it up to the surface so that it can be vacuumed.
If you own shag carpet or cut pile, consider investing in a carpet scraper. This tool is made of flexible plastic teeth which help to lift and separate the fibers, while also bringing dirt and soil to the surface so that they can be vacuumed.
1. Baking Soda and Salt Freshness
- Sprinkle your carpet generously with a mixture of baking soda and salt.
- Lightly spray the area with plain water.
- Use a nylon-bristled scrub brush to work the mixture into the fibers.
- Let the carpet air dry naturally.
- Vacuum thoroughly to remove all baking soda, salt, and loosened dirt.
2. Vinegar Solution for Stains
- In a spray bottle, combine one part of distilled white vinegar with three parts of cold water.
- Vacuum the carpet thoroughly beforehand.
- Spray the vinegar solution on a 3-foot-by-3-foot section of the carpet.
- Allow it to sit for 5 minutes to break down dirt.
- Use microfiber cloths to wipe away the dirt and solution.
- Rinse the cloths frequently in plain water.
- Let the carpet air dry completely and then vacuum again to fluff the fibers.
3. Steam Cleaning for Deep Clean
- Follow the steam cleaner manufacturer’s instructions for optimal results.
- Steam cleaning helps remove deep-seated dirt, restoring the carpet’s fluffiness.
- Pass the steam cleaner over the carpet fibers, lifting away the dirt.
4. Professional Deep Cleaning
- Consider hiring professionals for a thorough deep clean annually.
- Professionals have the expertise and equipment to revitalize your carpet effectively.
With these techniques, your carpet will not only be clean but also maintain its natural texture and softness. Regular maintenance and occasional professional cleaning ensure your carpet remains inviting and refreshed.
How to Keep Your Carpet Fluffy
- Rotate furniture and heavy items frequently to avoid excessive flattening.
- Use furniture coasters to distribute weight.
- Vacuum your carpet regularly – at least once a week.
- Remove your shoes from the house to avoid heavy soiling.
- Use doormats at the entrance and exit of the house to minimize dirt entering the home.
- Deep clean your carpets at least once a year.
This post was written by a professional at CarpetMax. CarpetMax is a top rated Water Damage Restoration in Andrews, Texas and carpet cleaning service. We provide professional carpet cleaning for every type of home and office. Our services also include tile and grout cleaning, upholstery cleaning, area rug cleaning, water damage restoration. Contact us to learn more today!